Tuesday 19 July 2016

Review: Fleeting Moments by Bella Jewel

*****5 Stars*****


Wow! This book totally blindsided and shocked the hell out of me! It's totally different to anything I've read from Bella Jewel. Now I'm a massive Bella Jewel fan, I've devoured pretty much everything she's ever written, I can't get enough of her stuff. But what I particularly loved about this book was that it was so different from her other stuff, so original and so unexpected. I think, with this book, Bella truly shows her diversity as an author, and that she can still surprise her readers with something new and fresh.
The one thing I did recognise as Bella Jewel while reading this book was her signature ability to ensure the pages fly by. I've said this before but there really is something about her writing style that I find so addictive, once I start one of her books I just cannot stop until I turn the last page. Not many authors have that effect on me, and even fewer have managed it with every single book of theirs I've read.
Right from the get go this story had me hooked. We're introduced to Lucy, she's married to Gerrard and they have the perfect marriage. To celebrate their anniversary Gerrard treats Lucy to tickets to see that day's baseball game. Unfortunately he gets called into work and cannot make it but Lucy decides to head to the game and enjoy it on her own. Things take a catastrophic turn when during the game a group of gun men stop the game and take everyone hostage, threatening to shoot anyone who screams. All of a sudden this sweet, happy story of the perfect couple turns into an absolute nightmare, something truly terrifying. From that moment on I was so absorbed I scarcely noticed the time flying by. I absolutely inhaled this book, finishing it in half a day, I just couldn't stop until it was resolved, I needed to know what the hell was going on with the people behind the attack.
To fans of Bella Jewel this is a no-brainer purchase. To those who haven't tried her books yet then this is a great one to start with as it stands alone from any of her previous books and series, many of which do intertwine with each other.
Love, love, loved this book!! Can't wait to see what Bella Jewel has up her sleeve for us next!

Reviewed by Steph Lewis


One single moment changes everything
In one breath, you can have it all
A split-second later, it can all disappear
Vanished forever

That was me
I had it all
Then in a cruel twist of fate, it was taken from me
A beautiful life gone in a flash

But he was there
He was there to pick me up when I fell
To protect me
My savior. My rock.

He was just a stranger
Just a selfless stranger with a face I'll never forget
Can't forget
Won't forget

And like everything else, he just disappeared
As if he never existed
I have to find him
I need to find him
He has to know that he saved me

He has to know that in that one fleeting moment, he was all I could see




No comments:

Post a Comment