Wednesday 6 July 2016

Review: The Bunk Up (The Village People #1) by Andie M. Long & D.H. Sidebottom

***3 Stars***


I was really curious when I heard about the pairing of these two authors. Having read books by both, I knew that they were quite different in their writing styles, as well as the sub-genre their work usually falls under.
D H Sidebottom is one of my all time favourite authors. She is incredibly talented and I always find her books intense and emotive.
I've only read Andie M Long's Alpha Series (which was reviewed by Fictional) which I also enjoyed.
The ARC I received was well written and edited but unfortunately, this one just wasn't for me.
To begin with, I rather liked Daisy, who's not having the best week. Anything that can go wrong has and she finds herself staying with her best friend and her three loud children.
However, as the story progress, I found her rather annoying - which is not a first for me - I don't often connect with a female lead.
My major pull with books, is a male lead that I'm drawn to or one who intrigues me, keeps me guessing. I love a egotistical alpha who knows what he wants. I'm sad to say that I just didn't get Frazer at all. I found him immature and egotistical but not in a sexy way.
The best parts of this book, for me, were the hilarious antics that the two lead characters get up to and I laughed out loud more than once. There are also a few cringe worthy moments, which suited the characters and added to the overall feel of the book.
I respect these authors and the way they're able to bring their ideas to life but on this occasion, it just wasn't for me.
I didn't find this book sexy or hot but if you're looking for something to read that's going to make you smile and laugh, I'm sure you'll enjoy The Bunk Up.

Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer


Daisy Harlow discovers her long-term boyfriend isn’t contemplating a proposal but rather how to get his mistress out of the house before she gets home. As if things can’t get any worse, broken-hearted Daisy gets fired from her job at the Post Office.
Stuck living with her best friend and tormented by three children under the age of five, Daisy needs a fresh start and she needs it fast. Enter her least favourite customer Mrs Haversham. Daisy finds herself offered a few weeks away in Mrs H’s country cottage in Norfolk. Time to recharge her batteries and think of her future. Thank goodness Mrs H’s son is married though, she can do without her matchmaking efforts.
So who’s the dark haired hottie currently occupying a bedroom of the cottage? He says he’s Mrs H’s other son. One Daisy knows nothing about.
It all leads to a Bunk-Up, a sharing of the cottage and each other.
It’s not like either of them is looking for anything serious. Is it?




No comments:

Post a Comment