Monday 25 July 2016

Review: Eminent Love by Leddy Harper

*****5 Stars*****


This book is an ugly cry that I was not expecting at all, there is a subject matter that some may find too much for them and I hate not saying what it is as it will majorly spoil the story. I have followed this authors work from her first book and for me she just gets better and better. The air of mystery I have come to expect really sneaked up behind me with this one even after I had dismissed the idea from my mind while reading.
This story is told from Creed’s POV and each chapter is split between NOW and THEN as we learn of the devastation Creed is feeling at letting the love of his life walk away in the NOW and witness the joy of his memories of their relationship as it developed with Layne in the THEN. We follow Creed in his cross country drive to chase Layne to California and as he deals with the emotions of hoping he hasn’t lost her for good.
I loved these characters and I was really rooting for them along the way. I have to admit initially this was a little slow of the mark for me and for the most part was going to be a four star read until my heart was ripped out by the author.
The last few chapters of this book were read through tears and with a lump in my throat as I hurt for poor Creed and Layne. This is a difficult book to review without giving away the plot but I will say it is a real rollercoaster of emotions.
I know the epilogue isn’t going to be to everyone’s taste but I loved it, I think it made perfect sense and ended Creed’s story perfectly.

Reviewed by Vikki Ryan


Life doesn’t always start with once upon a time.
Love doesn’t always end with happily ever after.

After spending five years with the love of my life, I did nothing to stop her from walking away. She had her reasons to leave. I had my reasons to stay. But a year later, the realization of loss hits me, and I’ll stop at nothing to fix it. I leave everything behind to drive across the country to win her back, and I refuse to accept anything other than fulfilling old promises.

But the only certainty in life is: nothing is as expected.

The most valuable lessons don’t often revolve around a fairytale ending—frequently, they come from hurt and healing. They come from the kind of personal growth love offers. The mending of your heart, your soul, and your life. And every once in a while, you find the greatest gifts in the packages you never expected to open.




No comments:

Post a Comment