Friday 15 July 2016

Review: Chained (Caged #2) by D.H. Sidebottom

*****5 Stars*****


Chained is the second book in the Caged series. It's essential that you read Caged first because they are directly linked and the story that started so tragically in book one, is continued so beautifully.
I absolutely loved book one. D H Sidebottom at her best....ripping at your torn emotions....and book two is equally as fraught with tension, darkness and a psychological element that saw my breath catching in my throat, my heart palpitating, stuttering and my emotions scattered.
It's hard to give you too much detail about the story without giving anything away, from either book.However, I will say that as book one concluded, Kloe is left feeling lost, angry and hurt.
Book two picks up right where we were left, scarred with the deep anticipation of what was to come. Will Kloe follow through with her plan? Will she be allowed to?
There is so much that happens in this book. Two lost and grieving souls that are drawn to each other but fate, it seems, is crueler than we could ever have imagined.
I couldn't begin to count the number of times my breath hitched in my throat, a lump growing, as I forced the emotions bubbling up, deep down so I could continue.
D H Sidebottom is a master at this sort of book. The kind that, when you finally reach the end, leaves you stunned. Emotionally drained but feeling as if you've been allowed to be a voyeur into a tragic love story, that combines love, tenderness and trust with vengeance and retaliation.
I can't recommend these two books highly enough but be warned, they're deep, dark and graphic - the best kind of book!

Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer


The Conclusion to Caged.

I had once thought that when I found the light I had been searching for in that long, dark tunnel that it would finally give me the gift I had been holding on for.
I had scoured the joyless night sky for peace, a peace that only the brightness of the stars could grant.
And I had endeavoured to catch that single magic snowflake in the middle of a howling snowstorm.
I had been looking. Forever.

But little did I know that it WAS the sinister darkness in the tunnel that was the gift. It WAS the black reservoir of the deepest, darkest night that would be the very thing to give my chaotic soul peace. And it WAS the heaving rush of the bleakest blizzard that was filled with magic.

Anderson Cain WAS the darkness.
He WAS the black peace in my soul.
And within the raging pool of his wild green eyes WAS the magic.
The magic that saw me. The real me.
He made sure I saw me too. All of me. He’d told me he would make me accept who I really was.

I was Kloe Grant. And now – now I am the epitome of what he wanted me to be.

But when I finally let go, and I allowed that darkness to find me, neither of us was prepared for who I really was.

Death itself.

This book contains extreme violence, strong adult language and scenes of dark sex, including M/F/M.




No comments:

Post a Comment