Tuesday 26 July 2016

Review: Meat by Opal Carew

****3.5 Stars****


Now please forgive me if I have got completely the wrong impression of this book. With a mind like a sewer, when I saw the books title, I knew I just had to read it. And from before I even began to read this book I was laughing out loud.
And then it began, giving me probably the best line ever...........“My God, that thing belongs on a horse.”.......Let's just say I'm pretty sure it wasn't referring to a saddle.
If I was meant to take this book as a serious piece of romance literature, then I'm afraid I completely missed the boat with that one, but as a light hearted, hilarious read, I have to say this book just worked for me.
My own immature sense of humour was sniggering at the innuendos and whether they were intentional or not, they still had me sniggering like a school girl in a sex education class.
We have characters which aren't necessarily unique and perhaps a little 2 dimensional for me. The storyline was a little predictable, the sex scenes weren't what I would describe as hot, because half the time, the size issue had me imagining, what I can only describe as, giving birth in reverse. But the fact that it was relatively short and gave me so much amusement, I have to say I found it completely refreshing. And if you often find your mind's in the gutter like mine, then I totally recommend this book.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


Just one taste isn't enough…

I ran into Rex Keene—literally—when I was trying to catch my flight and his muscled, tattooed arms stopped my fall.
Then our flight gets canceled, and we're stranded in the same hotel room together...it ended up being the steamiest night of my life.
All I knew is that I had to see him again.

I just didn’t expect him to show up a week later in the restaurant I manage…as our new head chef.
But the generous, tender man I spent that night with is gone; instead he’s arrogant, demanding, and terrorizing the staff.
But he won’t give up until we’re together – and I’m not sure I can stay away.
Which man is real?
Who is Rex Keene?




No comments:

Post a Comment