Friday 23 September 2016

Review: The Silent Waters (Elements #3) by Brittainy C. Cherry

*****5 Stars*****


This is part of the Elements series but each book is a standalone and so can be read on its own. Brittainy has once again brought us a beautifully written story of broken characters that find their way thanks to the power of another’s love. The story is told in 3 stages, in a dual POV with the beginning being that of the characters at a young age through to adulthood. The author once again creates well rounded characters that keep you engaged in the story that is well delivered.

I loved this book though I will admit the initial POV of the very young Maggie didn’t grab me at first but I did fall in love with her and her cheerful outlook and this story is so much more, so stick with it. Once the event that robbed Maggie of her voice occurred I was hooked and read this book in one sitting. Maggie’s story is both a tragic and beautiful tale of the effects of an incident (not of any physical nature) in childhood causing life changing trauma not just to Maggie but all those around her and my heart broke for her and her family. 
I loved Brooks from the offset and from the very beginning he was looking out for Maggie and keeping her safe. I loved the connection that the two characters shared from such a young age and Brooks’ empathy for Maggie was endearing. As the story progressed into adulthood and life got in the way for a while I was devastated for them both but further tragedy brings them back full circle as Maggie has to face her biggest fears to help return the support to Brooks. 
I loved the outcome of this story which I didn’t find to be as emotional as the previous two books and I hope there may be more to come in this series.


Reviewed by Vikki Ryan


Moments.


Our lives are a collection of moments. Some utterly painful and full of yesterday's hurts. Some beautifully hopeful and full of tomorrow's promises.

I’ve had many moments in my lifetime, moments that changed me, challenged me. Moments that scared me and engulfed me. However, the biggest ones—the most heartbreaking and breathtaking ones—all included him.

I was ten years old when I lost my voice. A piece of me was stolen away, and the only person who could truly hear my silence was Brooks Griffin. He was the light during my dark days, the promise of tomorrow, until tragedy found him. Tragedy that eventually drowned him in a sea of memories.

This is the story of a boy and girl who loved each other, but didn’t love themselves. A story of life and death. Of love and broken promises.

Of moments.





No comments:

Post a Comment