Monday 19 September 2016

Review: Stroked Long (Stroked #2) by Meghan Quinn

*****5 Stars*****


I loved this book, I love all Meghan’s books and this one has jumped to the top of the list. This is the second book in this series based on Olympic swimmers but can be read as a standalone as it is different characters. I wasn’t sure what to expect going into this book but it was way more than anything I could of, it has the quirky humour I expect of the author with a seriously damaged character that stole my heart from the start.
Bodi is such a flawed character that punishes himself on a daily basis for a simple oversight as a child that he thinks caused a devastating event for his family. He copes with a number of quirks and OCD behaviour and his swimming is his escape from his self-imposed prison. I fell for Bodi from the offset, I just wanted to hug him and make everything right for him. As did his sister that devises a way to put Ruby in his path and have them work together on a charity project.
I loved Ruby, initially I was all WTH is this girl on, but I got her social awkwardness that makes her act all goofy and generally embarrass herself. But I loved how she handled Bodi from the offset and the way in which she slowly brought him out of his shell. I smiled to myself so much each time she cracked him a little further, and even more with every smile she stole from Bodi. They really are perfect for each other.
A beautifully written book that has some hilarious moments and some really emotional ones too. A gold medal (sorry I couldn’t refuse) to Meghan on this one.

Reviewed by Vikki Ryan


From his dirty-blond hair and breathtaking smile, to the abs from heaven and the irresistible V in his waistline, everything about Bodi Olympic-gold-medalist Banks screams hot piece of @$$.

Yet there’s more.

Dark shadows lurk behind his soulful, serious eyes.

I’m enamored. He’s captured me.

How can running an art foundation with Bodi Banks turns into a slow-burning, epic romance, even though he tries to push me away at every chance? How can I stay away from a broken, routine-driven man whose soul cries to be forgiven for a crime only he believes he committed? Or is that a lie?





No comments:

Post a Comment