Tuesday 13 September 2016

Review: Behind Closed Doors by J.L. Berg

****3.5 Stars****


This is a book, that as far as I'm aware, can be read as a stand alone. However it was whilst reading this book that I got a strong sense that some of the characters in this book feature in JL Berg's, Walls Duet series. I felt like I was missing something for having not read these books.
Roman initially was your stereotypical CEO. Totally unapproachable, that is until Cara comes along. I definitely felt a sense of their chemistry, maybe not as much as I'd have liked, but it was there all the same.
I'm not really sure I totally got two other characters, Lauren and Tyler. They played a huge part in the story, but I just didn't get to know them enough to form any feeling towards them, which is a shame because I feel had they been more prominent then this book could have been so much more for me.
Overall I did enjoy this story, but major events were detailed by either Cara or Roman recalling the details rather than them being told in the present tense. This, for me, affected greatly, the emotion of such scenes, but still not a bad read at all.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


My name is Roman Cavenaugh and I’m kind of an asshole.
Running a company isn't easy, especially when everyone expects you to fail, so being a jerk? It comes with the territory.
I don't have time to mess around, and I sure as hell didn’t see her coming.
Cara Hamilton—she was supposed to be off limits…a temporary employee brought in during my assistant’s maternity leave.
But, in the blink of an eye, she became so much more.
An obsession I couldn’t shake.

So yeah, I may be an asshole, but now, I finally had a purpose, and soon, she would be mine.
All’s fair in love and war…




No comments:

Post a Comment