Monday 12 September 2016

Review: Retrieval (The Retrieval Duet #1) by Aly Martinez

*****5 Stars*****


Just like Elisabeth felt about Roman, I had a feeling of Insta-love towards this book. I was hooked from the very first word. I would go so far as to say that this is probably the best book I have read for quite some time and certainly my favourite so far from Aly Martinez.
My first thoughts when I think of this book is 'Woah that was some serious chemistry between Elisabeth and Roman', but it was so much more than that. Tackling some sensitive subjects, one of which was focused on another character, Clare and her volatile relationship.
Roman, Roman, Roman! What can I say about him? Other than the fact that he is insanely sexy, very much the alpha and so so attentive to Elisabeth that I'm really not surprised they fell in love so quickly.
Elisabeth was so so likeable and really was a heroine I could relate to, despite never having encountered and endured the things she has.
I cannot express how good this book was. It had it all. Amazingly well written, hot sex scenes, an incredibly likeable couple, tonnes of emotion and some major surprises that has really only made me want to sell my left kidney for book 2.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


One story. Two couples.

I proposed on our first date.
She laughed and told me I was insane. Less than a day later, she said yes.
It was a whirlwind, but we were happy…
Until we got greedy and wanted a family.

It was a life I couldn’t give her, not for lack of trying. Fertility just wasn’t on our side. We sought out doctors and treatments. Spent money we didn’t have. Lied to our families. Smiled for our friends. Put on a brave face for a world that didn’t understand.
Finally, we were successful…
Until we were forced to bury our son.

We were left broken, battered, and destroyed.
They say love is in the details, but it was the details that ruined us.

This is the story of how I took back what had always been mine.
The retrieval of my wife and our family.






No comments:

Post a Comment