Tuesday 27 September 2016

Review: Transfer (The Retrieval Duet #2) by Aly Martinez

****3.5 Stars****


After reading book one, this was the book that I was dying to get my hands on. Where the first book was mainly about Roman and Elisabeth's relationship, this one is focused around Clare and her Happy Ever After, who for the purposes of this review shall be known as 'X'. (Revealing his name would give away too much for those who haven't yet read book one).
Now don't get me wrong, I enjoyed this book, but because of how intense the chemistry was between Roman and Elisabeth and how simply flawless that book was, I just felt that things were a lot less intense between Clare and X and dare I say that there were even moments where my mind began to drift. But to he fair, this was a very different story, in a way, despite this being a continuation of the story.
Some of the main revelations were revealed as an after thought and often when this is done, it dilutes the overall effect of the surprise for me. For example if the character is recalling a particular sad event, I'm not actually feeling that intense sadness with that person because the thing has already happened.
There were some gripping moments, however. Especially those scenes to do with Walt, who is one nasty, evil SOB.
Despite me thinking that it just wasn't possible, with all that couple from both books have been through, the ending couldn't have been more perfect. I'm just sad that I didn't quite get the same out of this book as I did the first, but still a well written story.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


One story. Two couples.


I fell in love with a man who didn’t exist.

What started out as romance ended in hell.
His words turned to razor blades.
His kisses converted to fists. 
His embrace became my cage.
His body transformed into a weapon, stealing parts of me until ultimately….
I broke. 

I hated him.
My sole job in life became to protect our daughter.

I wasn’t sure I’d ever escape the prison he’d skillfully crafted from my fears. 
Until the day our savior arrived. 

This is the story of how I escaped the man who thought he owned me.
The transfer of my life and my family.






No comments:

Post a Comment