Monday 19 September 2016

Review: Amore Part 1 by Bella Jewel

*****5 Stars*****


Bella Jewel, one of my favourite authors, has written a mafia romance, one of my favourite genres! I was anticipating this being good and it was, very, very good! So good in fact that I can forgive her for the cliffhanger ending. Yes, it's the dreaded cliffy ending but Bella assures us in the Author's Note that the follow up will be quick to release after this one so we won't be kept in suspense for long.
Now this book contains a subject matter that I've always struggled with; cheating. It's the story of Rafael Lencioni, the leader of the Italian mafia. He meets our heroine Julietta whilst she's on a night out at one of his clubs. What starts as a one night stand soon becomes something more when he approaches her with an arrangement. Rafael needs a mistress for status purposes, and he has his sights set on Julietta.
As I said I've always struggled with cheating storylines but I found the way Bella Jewel approached this story made it easier to digest. Written in Julietta's POV, seeing how it began and seeing how things affected her made me look at it from a whole new angle and I developed a lot of understanding for her.
Onto that cliffy ending, aaaargh!!! What a way to leave us hanging! I'm drooling for book 2, I actually cannot wait! I need to know what happens! As well as the excitement there's also a pit of dread in my stomach about where this story could go and what could happen to these characters. Bella Jewel, put me out of my misery and please get book 2 to us as soon as you can! Pretty please!!

Reviewed by Steph Lewis


“It is not love that defines us, Julietta. It is love that destroys us.”


I’m just a normal girl.
Or so you would think.
I’ve never thought of myself as anything different.
Until I met him.
He doesn’t think I’m normal.
He thinks I’m special.
Special enough to be in his life.
Special enough to enter his world.
Special enough for his bed.
Rafael Lencioni. Dangerous. Beautiful. Terrifying.
My story is the one that’s never told.
I’m not the daughter.
I’m not the wife.
I’m not the forbidden lover.
I’m not a sister or a mother.
I’m not who you think I am.
So for me to fit into their world, I have to do something I never wanted in my life.
Something I would have frowned upon until I met him.
I have to change who I am.
I have to shut down my heart.
I have to accept my place.
My body belongs to him.
My heart isn’t permitted to.
Those are his rules.
But rules were made to be broken…right?




No comments:

Post a Comment