Thursday 1 September 2016

Review: Alex (Striking Back #4) by S.M. Shade

*****5 Stars*****


Oh wow, I absolutely loved this book.
It's the 4th in the Striking Back series and although it could probably be read as a standalone, I highly recommend you read the first 3 books (in order) first. I say this because one of the things I've really loved about this book, is the way the author has invested time in creating such a great family bond (between the Reed brothers) that threads it's way through all the books in this series.
Alex's story picks up where we left off in book #3 and my heart was pounding away, vibrating against the lump lodged in my throat.
Alex is a great character and you're bound to love him as much as I did.
Of course we get to see our favourites from the previous three books too and we get to know Ian a bit better too.
I don't want to give too much away but I will tell you that you'll want to slap some sense into at least one character and just when you think love can triumph, you'll be broken hearted again.
I highly recommend this book (and series)!

Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer


Ninety- two days. Thirteen weeks. That’s how long it’s been since I lost my love, my best friend. It’s been everything I can do to drag myself out of bed and get back to work, but I know Cooper would want me to move on. I think he’d even be happy if he knew who I want to move on with. The target of my affection, though, may not be so thrilled about my choice.
He’s straight. Or he thinks he is.
A womanizer of the worst kind with a face and body that keeps a steady stream of willing women at his door, he seems happy to work his way through the entire female population. But there’s no mistaking the way he looks at me when he thinks I’m not paying attention.
One way or another, I’ll show him what he really wants.

This is book four of The Striking Back Series, but can also be read as a standalone novel.

Intended for 18 years and older. Contains sexual content, including sex between two men.




No comments:

Post a Comment