Monday 12 September 2016

Review: Inarticulate by Eden Summers

***3 Stars***


Having read and absolutely loved another book where the male character didn't talk, I was eagerly anticipating this one.
This was my first book by Eden Summers and initially I found myself drawn into the story. However I eventually noticed that not a great deal was happening besides an awful lot of to-ing and fro-ing of Savannahs feelings for Keenan. I literally had whiplash from the amount of times she changed her mind. One minute she'd be all 'I can't deny these feelings any more' to 'Me and Keenan just aren't right for one another' and this happened over and over. So much so that it actually made me apathetic towards the two.
Despite Savannah trying to come across as understanding of Keenan's situations in this book, I found that she really did have concerns towards some things which made her appear unsympathetic.
Savannah and Keenan's chemistry wasn't as electric as I'd hoped, although I did sense it underlying. Unfortunately it just didn't peak enough for me.
To me Keenan came across as a liar and a manipulator and his methods of communication or lack of just weren't believable to me, especially in the early portion of the book and it also made it extremely difficult to get a feel of his personality. Eventually Keenan was able to communicate somewhat which made things more dynamic between the two.
Overall I just didn't get enough of a feeling towards the couple and to me it was just like a song that at first appears catchy, but you soon realise never actually gets going, which to me is a shame as the basis was there for this to be a great read, but sadly there just wasn't enough belivability for my taste.

Reviewed by Louise Dale


He’s silent—but his touch speaks louder than words.

At first sight, Savannah is drawn to the harsh appeal of a man who refuses to talk to her. Keenan’s hard stare is arrogant and unapologetic. The quirk of his sensuous lips is cocky and in control.

But there’s more. There’s something deeper he’s trying to hide behind those steely grey eyes—a slight hint of vulnerability which captures her intrigue.

She’d been warned, told that his silence hides a myriad of lies capable of affecting her career and relationships with loved ones. Only she can't help herself. Testing Keenan's defenses is an addiction she can't deny.
Falling in lust is easy. Learning his secrets comes with a price. The cost? Her broken heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment