Wednesday 17 February 2016

Review: RoomHate by Penelope Ward

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
When I see the name 'Penelope Ward' on the cover of a book, I'm pretty certain its gonna be a fantastic read and need to be left alone to devour it.
This, another standalone book from her, was no exception. I loved it from beginning, middle to end and all the way in between and I think this is a credit to Penelope's writing skill, because I was yet again drawn into a story with characters that you simply can't help but fall in love with.
As the synopsis explains, Amelia has a new room-mate who is non other than Justin, her once best-friend and the only person she has ever loved. There is a strong history between the two, however the only problem is, he now hates her. Now this fact alone had me thinking, Justin is going to be a complete jerk, Amelia is going to be heartbroken and I'm going to be upset right along with her. I was certainly not dissappointed in that respect, but what I got, in addition, was some very funny interactions between the two, as well as the fact that I had moments of wishing Amelia would just put laxatives in Justin's coffee, because at times he came across as one great big baby. He also had moments that made me swoon and forget all about his sulkiness.
Amelia for the most part was overshadowed by Justin and on occasion I wish she would have been a little more assertive when it came to handling him, but that's all part of her personality and by the end I loved her all the more for it.
I cannot recommend this book enough and I'm pretty certain fans of Penelope's other books will be no less wowed with this one.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
Sharing a summer house with a hot-as-hell roommate should be a dream come true, right?

Not when it’s Justin…the only person I’d ever loved…who now hates me.

When my grandmother died and left me half of the house on Aquidneck Island, there was a catch: the other half would go to the boy she helped raise.

The same boy who turned into the teenager whose heart I broke years ago.

The same teenager who’s now a man with a hard body and a hardass personality to match.

I hadn’t seen him in years, and now we’re living together because neither one of us is willing to give up the house.

The worst part? He didn’t come alone.

I’d soon realize there’s a thin line between love and hate. I could see through that smug smile. Beneath it all…the boy is still there. So is our connection.

The problem is…now that I can’t have Justin, I’ve never wanted him more.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment