Sunday 7 February 2016

Review: Middle of Knight (Jack & Jill #2) by Jewel E. Ann

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Ugh my heart hurts, everything hurts and I really need the next instalment to be a soothing balm after this whiplash inducing instalment in this fabulous series. Another fantastically well constructed story that intertwines comedy into a sometimes dark suspense romance.
We pick up with Jillian and Jackson as they are still living their new lives in the quaint gated retirement community where their lives are anything but quaint. We get to see and learn more of Jackson in this book and *sigh* I am in love with this big sexy tattooed piano playing loose tongued man as he encounters Ryn the housekeeper employed by Jillian and is left fighting his self-imposed vow of celibacy. The interaction between Jackson and Ryn delivers some hilarious moments while also dealing with the touchy subject of her past and the emotional scars left by her abusive ex-husband. I loved Ryn and I loved seeing Jackson slowly pull her out of her shell, I really hope things turn out well for them both.
As we watch Jackson falling over himself to fight his feelings for Ryn, Jillian is once again having her poor heart torn out as she deals with AJ and his illness. My heart just broke with every step this story took as I was hoping and praying along with Jillian for a miracle twist to their story. Along the way we get Jillian’s flashbacks to her life as Jessica and I love how these stories ride tandem along with her new life. I really loved learning more about Jessica and seeing how she progressed during her time with Luke and I was torn between wanting her to be able to return to Luke and having more with AJ. Inevitably Jillian’s upset causes Jackson to question everything about their new lives and his chances at happiness with Ryn as he does the ultimate once again to protect his sister. I don’t think I’ll ever look at a cloth napkin again without my heart hurting.
I am so happy to be in possession of an ARC for the next instalment and finale of this trilogy as the ending has left me hurting so much for Jillian. I really hope she gets some closure and happiness.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan
 
 
The living seek forgiveness. The dead seek revenge.

A first love.
A last breath.
A haunting past.

Armed with a sinful past and an equally sinful body, Jackson Knight absolves his vow of celibacy to pursue Sergeant Monaghan’s unsuspecting—older—housekeeper.

Ryn Middleton, on the cusp of turning forty with a snarky daughter, a killer dog, and an abusive ex-husband, finds Jackson’s advances humorous and unbelievable. After intense negotiations including Vera Wang, Ed Sheeran, and sex four times a day, Ryn accepts Jackson’s marriage proposal on their first date.

What could possibly go wrong?

While struggling to lay claim to the woman of the dreams he never had, Jackson is forced to deal with a grief-stricken Jillian trying to hold on to her past without letting go of her future—the doctor who took her heart and the Sergeant who gave her a new one.

Beyond the hope for light, lies the middle of darkness, the illusion of truth, and a haunting past.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment