Tuesday 23 February 2016

Review: Faithless: A Tainted Love Novel (Faithless #1-3) by K.B. Nelson

****4 Stars****
 
 
I don't know what it is about this authors writing style but I tend to feel all the emotions of the story that much deeper. The loneliness, the guilt, the grief, the regret, K.B. Nelson writes emotions so potent that when you put the book down to continue on with your everyday life you're left with this pit in your stomach and an ache in your chest, the feelings this story evoked in me haunted me even when I wasn't reading it. This book is beautifully written, so charismatic, K.B. Nelson is almost poetic in his story telling and his books always leave me with that sense that I'm going to remember these characters stories for a long while.
This book only loses a star due to my personal preference in the kind of books I prefer to read, I do generally prefer more romance in my books, and although this is a love story, it's more of a personal tale of healing for the main character who had lost her way in the world. However this book is so intelligently written and beautifully lyrical at times that whether or not it would be my usual preference I just could not put it down and in fact, devoured it in a few hours. I'm now left feeling slightly heart sore after what I went through with these characters but thankful that I got to witness their story. So if you're looking for a book that will grab you and pull on your heart strings then you should definitely give this book a go!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
She’s a stripper. He’s a preacher. Her name is Faith and he’s been faithless since the day she went away.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t know it’d end like this.
From the beginning, it could only go one way, and straight to hell it did.
My past reads like a film stuck on repeat; fall in in love, get heart broke, and then run. Just fucking run.

And run I did.
Straight back to that place I swore I’d never return.
Straight back to that place where my broken heart lies buried deep within one man's chest.

Noah Parker was my first love. He was my only love.
The only boy that could ever make me feel alive.
The only boy who ever truly broke my heart.
The only boy who could possibly save me from myself.
But Noah isn’t a boy anymore…
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment