Friday 12 February 2016

Review: Never Trust a Saint (Los Santos Cartel #1) by Melissa Jane

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
Nina Cross is an FBI agent, one night while attending an event with her partner Garcia, she meets a mysterious stranger. From across the room she feels his eyes on her in a physical way. When he approaches her he won't give his name, will only ominously tell her that he will be her ruin.
From that moment on her life is turned upside down when she becomes the target of the Los Santos cartel. This book is gripping, violent and intense, and Jair will leave you salivating for me. He's dark and mysterious, broody and intense, as a reader you can't help but swoon over him even though it's unclear where his loyalties lie or what his intentions are. He's just that sexy, you can totally understand Nina's weakness for him.
This book is a loose spin-off from the Bittersweet Familia series, although it can easily be read as a stand alone. The Los Santos cartel is briefly mentioned in Sofia, book 3 of the Bittersweet Familia series so it's not imperative that you read them first, although I would recommend you read them because they are great too.
I'm looking forward to more from this series and these characters, I can't wait for the next book!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
A SAINT.
A protector from evil. One who without fear will lead you safely through darkness.
LOS SANTOS.
Cold and ruthless. A CARTEL who cares only for revenge and glory.
My name is Nina Cross, and I’m the Los Santos’s newest prey. Determined to prove my partners innocence and avenge his violent death, I stumbled naively into the spider’s web. Tangled with lies and hunted for truth I was shadowed with each step I took. That was until one man, relentless in his touch and his desire threatened to bring me to my knees in ways I both craved and feared.
Jair Ruiz. Powerful, brooding and confident and not at all who he seems. He has me in his sights and has every intention of toying with his newest target while fighting to keep us both alive.
When the FBI turns it back on you and Los Santos cartel have already dug your grave, who is there left to trust?
Only one man. A saviour.
But if I look my saint in the eye and all I see is the devil…do I run?

“I’m not entirely good. I’m not entirely bad. But I’m enough of a little of each to ruin you.”
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment