Tuesday 23 February 2016

Review: Nobody's Princess (Willow Park #3) by Sarah Hegger

***3 Stars***
 
 
This, the third and final book of the series, was a case of struggling to connect with the characters, but had the potential to be so much more.
On one hand we have Tiffany, a pampered princess who at the same time has never been given the opportunity to think for herself. I had a real hard time warming to her because for much of it she came across as cowardly. Throughout the book we got glimpses of her kind heart and fighting spirit, but I'm afraid she never developed where it mattered for me.
Thomas Hunter, is the third and final Hunter brother to feature and I had such high hopes for him prior to reading this book. His absence from the previous books made him seem mysterious and moody, but Thomas turned out to be the complete opposite and unfortunately there wasn't a great deal I learned about him other than he really has just been working in Africa. Thomas is such a likeable character but I felt we needed more from him. Other than the initial moment he met Tiffany at the beginning, I don't think it helped that he didn't feature a lot in the first 20%
I always said that I loved the fact that these stories had no gimmicks and it was the simplicity of the love story that I felt was what made this such a great series. This book just fell too flat for me. It never really peaked and I've been left with a feeling that I'm not entirely sure what the future holds for Tiffany and Thomas.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
Sarah Hegger is back with another delightful Willow Park Romance, but this time the road to love might be a little bumpy…

Tiffany Desjardins has a plan. Well, she had a plan, until her past and all its complications came back to haunt her. Her not-quite-ex-husband, Luke, is missing, and suddenly everyone needs to find him--including Tiffany, if she wants to marry the true man of her dreams. Then there's Thomas Hunter, Luke's brawny friend, who won't take "no road trip" for an answer--and who won't stop showing up in her daydreams…

Thomas couldn't care less about Luke's personal life, but he needs to find him if he's going to make his fledgling minerals and metals company a reality. And if that means following Tiffany, who's taken off in Luke's rare Lamborghini Miura, he's more than willing--especially if there might be a chance to negotiate some of Tiffany's lovely curves. As Tiffany and Thomas speed along without a map, the only destination that seems certain is being together…
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment