Thursday 25 February 2016

Review: The Letters (Carnage #4) by Lesley Jones

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
I loved this novella in the Carnage series and have to say it was so not what I was expecting from this story. We all know from the previous books that Georgia has the crate of Sean’s belongings including the letters he penned for Georgia and like most Carnage fans I both did and didn’t want to open the wounds by knowing what they contained but I wanted to hear Sean’s voice too.
I expected a full on sobfest but this book was so much more than that, it was cathartic and beautifully written and at times hilarious, and delivered in a way I never expected. And why I did shed a tear or two for Sean, I smiled more for the man Cameron is and how fierce his love for Georgia is. It was hard to read the impact on Georgia but it was lovely to see how it helped in moving on and how once again this crazy family pull together and see each other through. I love the children that Georgia and Cameron have raised and loved their input into this story.
Having always been Team Maca I have to admit after reading The Letters I am now also very much Team Cameron too, that man is swoon worthy. Such a fantastic addition to the brilliant Carnage series that I think is essential reading for Carnage fans to round off Georgia’s story.
I really don’t want to say goodbye to these characters and would love to see more from this series.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan
 
 
It's just a box of letters, right?

Words that were written a long time ago.

From a boy to the girl that he missed. From a man to the woman he loved.

But what if those words carried more impact than anyone realised?

Will they finally give Georgia the closure she needs and lessen the guilt she battles every day?

Or will everything she thought she knew about the boy and man who wrote them and the life they shared be forever altered?

All will be revealed in The Letters.

A story about life, love, and acceptance.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment