Wednesday 17 February 2016

Review: A Love So Tragic by Stevie J. Cole

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
This book is quite different to my usual read and I was apprehensive as I began Peyton's journey.
This is a story of fate, of love and loss. A tale about following your heart even when you're not sure whether it's the right thing to do.
As I began this book, despite the prologue, I had my own view and moral compass but this book made me think, made me consider what I would do had this been my life. What lengths would you go to for your soulmate, your lobster? What happens when happiness seems out of your grasp?
Stevie J Cole has done a fantastic job of reaching inside the reader and making you reevaluate your thinking. It's beautifully written and at times, utterly heart-wrenching.
This is not a hot, steamy book but one that is sure to touch each reader in a way that's individual to each one. I highly recommend this book.
 
Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer 
 
 
Promises.
We all make them. Sometimes we break them. But what happens when the promise you break haunts your dreams, when that moment of betrayal echoes within every last beat of your heart?

Love.
Love is passionate, painful, and all consuming in the most brutal yet beautiful way. How many people have you said 'I love you' to? Five, ten, maybe no one? I've said that word to two men, but only one where I felt it.

Tragic.
This word sums up my relationship with Nicolas: devastating, painful, depressing.
A first love that should have lasted a lifetime, but I ruined with a stupid decision. Nicolas is my star crossed lover, and even though Shakespeare has taught me that stories such as ours always end in tragedy, I can't not love him, even if I'm married to someone else.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment