Tuesday 19 January 2016

Review: Restoration & Forgiveness (Renovate #2) by Mindy A. Carter

****4 Stars****
 
 
I have been waiting to get my hands on this book since the dramatic cliffhanger in the first that left me absolutely reeling! And once again Mindy Carter does not disappoint! Although I found it to be a little bit slow in the beginning, I was thoroughly captivated with the characters and the plot to where I couldn't put it down for anything.
Once again I completely fell in love with Aimee and Keegan, although I did hate Keegan a little bit for what went down between him and Gretchen and keeping all his stupid secrets that could still cost him his fairy tale ending with Aimee. And for parts of the book, he was still letting the manipulative witch control his actions and his happiness.
I was very happy to see both characters grow throughout this amazing sequel. Aimee doesn't back down easily and she makes Keegan work very hard to salvage whatever relationship they might still be able to have. And I found Keegan to be very weak in the first book but I find his character to have grown immensely, although he still has room for growth.
Will Keegan's secrets and Gretchen's manipulative behaviors sever any chance of a HEA for Keegan and Aimee or will they be able to restore their relationship and forgive and move on?
The only reason why this book isn't getting 5 stars is because of the ending. I felt like it was rushed and the author could have had a couple more chapters to elaborate more on what happens. Other than that, Restoration and Forgiveness was amazing! I loved this series and cannot wait to see what else Mindy Carter has in store for us next, especially Reese and Kaleb's book!
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler
 
 
When I ran back home, I wasn’t prepared for the reminders of him everywhere I turned. I certainly never expected Keegan to follow. I thought I made myself clear - we were through. I didn’t want anything to do with him. But, he inserted himself back into my life, and there was nothing I could do.

I pushed he pulled.

I ran and he chased me.

I cried and he wiped away the tears.

He just wouldn’t give up, and the battle my head and my heart are waging, is one I don’t want to be a part of. You see my head says be strong, but my heart is saying I belong to him, and always will.

What does one do when her heart can easily forgive, yet her head refuses to.

Can Keegan, and I restore our fairy tale, or will our story be closed for good?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment