Wednesday 27 January 2016

Review: Dazzled by Jane Harvey-Berrick

****4 Stars****
 
 
This is the first book by author that I've read and I had very mixed reviews throughout my reading. On one hand, I loved it! I absolutely love the new cover and I overall liked and enjoyed the characters. But on the other, I just really wanted to strangle and yell at the characters most of the time. This book is just filled with angst! It will definitely take you on a roller coaster of emotions through happiness to anger to sadness to love.
Miles Stephens is a young actor from London who gets the chance of a lifetime to star in a big Hollywood film. The film propels him to worldwide fame and the pressures are on. Throughout the film he is supported by his best friend Clare, who has secretly been in love with him his whole life. Will fame and fortune be all he's dreamed about?
I just wanted to strangle Miles for pretty much the whole book because he was so dense and didn't realize that Clare was in love with him and because of how he took her for granted most of the time. And I didn't like how the author put a big emphasis on weight. She described Clare as being fat and chubby, Miles as being buff, and Lilia, a major side character, as bone skinny. It just put me off a little bit. I did love all the British speak because I haven't read too many books set in London before and it was very refreshing to me.
Dazzled was an angsty, funny, romantic read and I can't wait to see what this author has in store for us next!
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler
 
 
When Hollywood calls, is the price for fame too high?

Miles Stephens is a young actor from London. Out of work, unemployable, and fired from his last job, he gets the chance to star in a break-out role in a big-time Hollywood film.

The film is a great success, propelling him to worldwide Hollywood fame – but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be, and the pressure starts to get to Miles.

Throughout, he is supported by his friend, Clare, the girl next door whom he grew up with – and who is secretly in love with him.

Miles finds out that fame and fortune isn’t everything he’d dreamed about.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment