Sunday 10 January 2016

Review: Absolution by L.P. Lovell & Stevie J. Cole

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
For those of you who love a dark read, I dare you to read this. Because this will warp the mind of even the most hardened and experienced readers of the dark stuff. You definitely need to have a strong disposition to appreciate this book, if you're strictly a hearts and flowers kinda girl then this book won't be for you, it'll send you rocking in the corner questioning your sanity.
Now I'm not the most experienced with the dark side of romance, I've read a few and those I've read I've liked. I've maybe felt uncomfortable at times but I've enjoyed the experience of the book and I haven't yet found anything that's made me unable to finish a book. But I have to say this book takes the top spot as the most warped, f*cked up book I've read to date! And I'm not sure if I should admit this but I really liked it! Not sure what that says about me but there you go. Evie and Ezra's story is just so addicting, it's volatile, incredibly violent, gory, psychotic and just plain f*cked the hell up.
I'm not going to go into the contents of the story at all because I think in order to appreciate the punch this book packs you should go in blind. So enjoy, and make sure you have some wine and maybe a cushion to cuddle whilst you're reading this as it may just steal your sanity!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
 
Evie

All sins are equal in the eyes of God, but I'm not God. One sinner made me his sin, and I can't let men like him live. I want to kill them. Every. Last. One.
Ezra James is no different. I was going to kill him, but then I found myself obsessed and possessed in the most reverent of ways. I became his sinner, and he became my sin, but the wages of sin is death, so I must kill him.

Ezra

The son of a whore, raised by criminals, molded to fit into a world without morals. I've never given a shit about anything until the night I watched a man drop dead at the feet of my little killer. She called to my depravity, and everything in me demanded that I take her, possess her, own her. Some monsters hide behind the faces of angels.

Damned. Broken. Irredeemable.

Through blood, absolution shall be found.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment