Sunday 24 January 2016

Review: The 5th Wave (The 5th Wave #1) by Rick Yancey

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
So being the good little bookworm that I am I decided I better get this ticked off my TBR list before I go to watch the movie, because you know, you can't see the film before you've read the book, that's just sacrilegious!
Within minutes of starting this book I began questioning why the hell I'd left it sitting on my TBR list for so long. Apart from the fact that it was impeccably written, had outstanding plot development and world-building and characters that you take to your heart, it also had that 'thing', that je ne sais quoi that you don't come across often. It's just that feeling you get when you start a book and you know, this is gonna be good, and you absolutely just cannot put it down and even when you're not reading it you're thinking about reading it and wondering what the characters are getting up to while you're away. I can't quite pin down a definition or a name for this feeling but I'm sure you all know what I mean and have experienced it yourself many times, basically sometimes a book just has a certain feel to it and you just know it's going to blow you away.
This book was brilliantly written and the plot so well thought out and very cleverly laid down on paper. I was very impressed by the way the story was written with the different characters' POV's and the story separated into parts telling us one part of the story at a time.
I can't recommend this enough, a fabulous and gripping read that at times is so nail-bitingly intense it makes you consider hiding this book in the freezer! I cannot wait to see the movie now, I just hope it does this book justice!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
 
After the 1st wave, only darkness remains. After the 2nd, only the lucky escape. And after the 3rd, only the unlucky survive. After the 4th wave, only one rule applies: trust no one.

Now, it's the dawn of the 5th wave, and on a lonely stretch of highway, Cassie runs from Them. The beings who only look human, who roam the countryside killing anyone they see. Who have scattered Earth's last survivors. To stay alone is to stay alive, Cassie believes, until she meets Evan Walker. Beguiling and mysterious, Evan Walker may be Cassie's only hope for rescuing her brother--or even saving herself. But Cassie must choose: between trust and despair, between defiance and surrender, between life and death. To give up or to get up.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment