Tuesday 26 January 2016

Review: Aced (Driven #4) by K. Bromberg

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Wow! Just when I was beginning to worry that this series was losing its momentum, Ms Bromberg goes and produces a book that had me crying big, fat, ugly tears in the middle of the day. I'm talking to the point where I had to put off leaving the house because red, puffy eyes is not a good look to be seen out and about with.
The past couple of books had me struggling to connect with the characters and I was worried that Rylee and Colton's story had been exhausted. But boy, am I so glad to be wrong.
Something in this book really struck a cord with me. One of my favourite fictional couples have been happily married for some time and unlike the other stories starring these two, there was never a moment that had me questioning any fragility to the relationship. But that's not to say that it's a smooth ride towards the checkered flag.
Colton was not only his usual sexy as sin self, but he also had a maturity and strength that made me love him so much more than I ever thought possible.
Rylee was the one though that really really got to me. We see a side to her that we've never seen before. I felt every single one of the emotions she was feeling and that I ultimately put down to the fact that K Bromberg more than likely has had some first hand experience of a certain subject, either that or she has really done her research.
Simply put this book has restored my absolute faith in the series and that makes my five star rating even that much more deserved.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
Rylee and Colton's ride continues...

One moment. Six years ago.

The night she made the world around me so much more than just a blur. Now it's the catalyst that threatens to tear us apart.

Our happily was supposed to be ever after. So why do I feel like it's slipping through my fingers?

How can one moment, when our world seemed so right, resurface and cause our perfect life to spiral out of control?

I can't lose her.

She's my checkered flag.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment