Thursday 12 November 2015

Review: Until We Break by Jamie Howard

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
The blurb for this story had me very intrigued and once I started reading, I was not disappointed! I was completely captivated and finished this book in one whole long sitting. I loved the characters, the storyline, the emotions it invoked; I just loved everything about this book.
I loved the connection between Sloan and Luke, although the author made me slightly dislike them both in the second half of the book. You will be rooting for them both to get the happily ever after that they both greatly deserve. You will laugh, yell, and possibly even cry throughout this book.
This book had everything I love and want to see in a book: thought provoking characters, a romantic beach city, and a never ending love story that prevails through anything.
I fell in love with Luke first since we got his POV in the beginning. Even though the author labeled him a manwhore, you could tell there was more to the story than that. He had a broken home life and a less than supportive mother. He had to support her and raise his little brother. I love how Jamie Howard made the characters more than they seem. Sloane sees right through Luke's manwhoreish ways and holds him to a higher standard.
Like all great romances, we are torn apart when the couple is. Something completely tragic and unexpected happens that tears Luke apart and he can't find a way to move past it. Feeling like he isn't good enough for Sloane, he does something he immediately regrets but hurts Sloane in the process. You will cry and possibly need tissues! I was so emotional at this tragic event and cursed the author, and contemplated throwing my kindle at the wall I was so upset. But I was captivated and read through till the very end!
This is the author's debut novel and I can't believe I have to wait till March 2016 to read more of her great writing skills. You will be taken on a roller coaster of emotions and experience everything the character's are and this is something you want in a good romance novel. I wish I could go back and experience it all for the very first time.
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler
 
 
When Sloane Avery stops to help a stranded driver, she finds more than a broken down car on the side of the road. Luke Evans is faster and sexier than her Maserati, but with her heart still on the mend, she’s not interested in taking him for a test drive. Despite their initial disdain for each other, emotion and passion simmer, complicating their fragile friendship. But when a tragic loss and devastating betrayal send them spiraling, their growing love isn’t enough to save them.

That was five years ago, practically a different lifetime and definitely a different Sloane. Before she’s been hardened by booze, sex, and as much distance as she could get from the past. Now, called home on a family emergency, she’s determined to hold onto her heart the next time she sees Luke.

Except Sloane’s not the only one who’s changed. Luke’s turned his life around. Only the reappearance of Sloane and the reminder of his biggest mistake can put a dent in his plans. Luke is set on fixing what he’s broken. But with her emotions boiling to the surface, Sloane needs to decide if falling in love is life’s greatest gift or its cruelest joke.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment