Tuesday 24 November 2015

Review: Sacked by Tabatha Vargo

****4 Stars****
 
 
I'm a little on the fence about this one, don't get me wrong I really enjoyed it but there was just something about it that I just didn't feel. Though I loved Sawyer from the off it took me a while to get into the story.
Sawyer is quite the character and I loved his dirty randy mind, the author really got into her teenage boy state of mind for Sawyer, the things this character came out with had me chuckling and wanting to smack him round the head at the same time. He is a walking ego and being the star quaterback only seems to make that ego grow. Until he encounters Gretchen and it was great to see Sawyer handed his own.
Gretchen has an agenda and a score to settle with Sawyer but he doesn't know it so when the two make their play a whole different game begins, what they both don't reckon on is emotions getting in the way. I really did want to shake her at times but her loyalty was endearing.
I think the reason for Gretchen's plan was a little off for me and I did find the situation a little juvenile at times but then these are college kids so it fits with the story, just didn't do it for me. That said I loved the interaction between Sawyer and Gretchen and did find myself engaged with the story after a slow start. And I loved the epilogue.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan 
 
 
When Sawyer Reed wants something, he gets it.
And I WANT her.
She doesn’t know it yet, but she’s already mine.
Her resistance is futile because once I start a play, I always follow through. And I ALWAYS win.
Nothing, not even the deep-seated hate I have for my rival, Jacob Byrd, is going to keep me from my end game.
And my end game is Gretchen Cole.
But I have to keep my head in the game. Everyone knows what happens to a quarterback when he loses focus. He gets SACKED.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment