Monday 9 November 2015

Review: Skyscrapers & Camelot (Renovate, #1) by Mindy A. Carter

****4 Stars****
 
 
I was instantly drawn in by the intriguing blurb and title and I was not disappointed! I found the title to be absolutely perfect for the storyline the author went with. I loved Keegan and Aimee and their whole relationship and connection. They are one of those couples who meet at a young age and you are just rooting for them to get their happily ever after. I read this in one big long sitting and was absolutely captivated with the story.
I loved this book and the only reason why it's not receiving a 5 star review is because I found the characters to be a bit weak, especially the hero, Keegan. I don't want to share any spoilers but he let a single small mistake break apart a decade long friendship and broke all contact with Aimee for eight years until she was assigned to write an article on him for the paper she worked for. He let this one mistake rule his life and almost cost him his chance at redeeming himself with Aimee. Other than that small fact, I found Skyscrapers and Camelot to be captivating and held my attention from the title page all the way to the last chapter.
This is the a new to me author and I cannot wait to read more of her work! While reading this book I was unaware that it ended on a major cliffhanger so I kind of caught off guard by that and now I have to wait two whole months for the sequel! Just be aware that this book DOES end on a cliffhanger! I definitely do recommend this book for those looking for a sweet, complicated friends to lovers romance.
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler
 
 
Keegan was my world since I was six years old. When he walked out of my life, I was certain I would never see him again. He broke my heart, but truthfully I only have myself to blame. Now I'm looking into his incredibly beautiful blue eyes. He came back into my life as quickly as he left. Both of us have changed over the years, but I can't imagine living another day without him.


My name is Aimee, and this is the story of how I lost and found my best friend and love of my life. The journey may be tough but there is no denying that Keegan, and I were destined to be together. He rescued me the day we met and had always been my prince charming. One thing I'm sure of, I'm not letting my happily ever after get away this time.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment