Wednesday 31 May 2017

Review: Ruckus (Sinners of Saint #2) by L.J. Shen


****3.5 STARS****



Dean Ruckus Cole is in my opinion the biggest player of all the Hotholes. 11 years ago his girlfriend left him and fell into one of his best friends arms. However there was no love lost and in reality it was her little sister Rosie he had his eyes on. He wanted her even if it took 11 years to start the mission of having her. Rosie has an illness that will kill her before she reaches 40 so she keeps men at a distance because she doesn't want them wasting their life on someone who won't be around for years to come. Secretly she always had her eye on Ruckus before her sister because let's face it she saw him first but can she let her guard down and let him in knowing that she can't give anyone a happy ever after! There are major secrets that both Ruckus and Rosie haven't told each other which creates a mighty twist to the tale and one you won't ever see coming.

The characters are strong for the most part in this instalment and are well established. Dean Ruckus Cole is a dirty talking hot male alpha who could talk the knickers off a Nun and then go on to prove it in the bedroom. Rosie Le Blanc is a strong female character, fiercely independent and determined to prove to her parents that she can look after herself despite her illness, she has her weak moments but don't we all. The part I loved was that it was totally undeniable that these two had magnetic and explosive chemistry when together, the kind that would kick your breathing up a notch into a pant and leave you breathless by the end.

The story itself wasn't without it's flaws though and this is where it fell for me. I am going to admit the first part of the book kind of dragged for me with all the backwards and forwards of all talk and no action from both sides and what felt like a repeat from book one. Don't get me wrong Ruckus had a deliciously dirty mouth that would get any girls panties in a twist but apart from those precious moments it sometimes felt like it was on replay. The twist is what saved it for me because all along I thought I knew what was going on but I was way off course and would never have guessed the conclusion in a million years. Vicious is so far still my number one out of the hotholes but I can't wait to see what Scandalous (#3) is about I really want Trent to get his HEA. 



Reviewed by Claire Lamb 




Rosie 

They say that life is a beautiful lie and death a painful truth. They're right. 
No one has ever made me feel more alive than the guy who serves as a constant reminder that my clock is ticking. 
He is my forbidden, shiny apple. 
The striking fallacy to my blunt, raw, truth. 
He is also my sister's ex-boyfriend. 
One thing you should know before you judge me; 
I saw him first. I craved him first. I loved him first. 
Eleven years later, he waltzed into my life, demanding a second chance. 
Dean Cole wants to be my bronze horseman. My white knight has finally arrived. Hopefully, he isn’t too late. 

Dean 

They say the brightest stars burn out the fastest. They’re right. 
She sets my mind on fire. 
All smart mouth, snarky attitude and a huge heart. 
In a world where everything is dull, she shines like fucking Sirius. 
Eleven years ago, fate tore us apart. 
This time, I dare it to try. 
Getting to her is a battlefield, but man, that’s why they call me Ruckus. 
Rosie LeBlanc is about to find out how hard I can fight. 
And conquering her will be the sweetest victory. 










No comments:

Post a Comment