Wednesday 31 May 2017

Review: Loving Jade by Roya Carmen


*****5 STARS*****



Loving Jade is the third and final book in Roya Carmen's Riverstone Estate series. It tells the Jade and Flynn's story and while it can be read as a standalone, I strongly recommend reading the first two books before this one to full appreciate all of the characters and backstory.

On the surface Jade seems to have it all, including a successful husband who spoils her with material possessions. Behind closed doors her husband has a terrible temper and Jade deals with constant abuse. She comes to a point where she knows there is no excusing it anymore. She is scared to leave, but finally asks her aunt for help, which lands her near Riverstone Estate.

Flynn is an equine therapist. He dedicates his life to helping others and is all about his family. He hopes he too can settle down one day if he meets the right woman. When Flynn first meets Jade he has an instant attraction to her. He notices how skittish she is and knows something must have happened to her. He hopes to help her through equine therapy. The last thing Jade is looking for is a relationship, but Flynn is such a wonderful man, she finds it impossible to not develop feelings for him.

Loving Jade was a very emotional read. It deals with heavy themes, but Carmen managed to give it a light and extremely feel. I just adored Jade's courage and she was an extremely relateable character. Flynn was amazing. I have a crush on him myself. He was one of the sweetest, kindest and most wonderful male leads I've read in awhile. I'm sad to see this series end as I have loved each and every book.




Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 





I never thought I’d be able to leave Michael, but I finally worked up the courage. I’m not sure where I’m heading but I feel safe here with the Riverstones. This place is lovely and serene. There is so much beauty and love here. 

Yet, I still don’t feel free – I know Michael will find me. It’s just a matter of time. 

Love is the last thing I’m looking for, but Flynn is such a beautiful man, inside and out. He makes me believe that I can be stronger, that I can be fierce. He believes he can fix me with equine therapy but he has no clue how much damage has been done. 

Yet, somehow, he manages to get through to me. With patience, love and understanding, he slowly peels off the hard layers of self-doubt and fear that have held me captive all these years. 

Just as I finally start to get stronger, Michael tracks me down and sends us all into turmoil, and threatens not only me but the family I’ve come to love. 

Author’s note: 
Loving Jade contains sexual scenes and some coarse language, and is intended for a mature audience. Loving Jade also contains scenes of domestic abuse and violence which could be a trigger for some. The central theme of the story however, is female empowerment and self-love. 

Loving Jade is the last book in The Riverstone Series, and can be enjoyed as a STANDALONE. However, if one intends to read all three books, it is best to read them in chronological order to avoid spoilers. 











No comments:

Post a Comment