Wednesday 10 May 2017

Review: Love Me In The Dark by Mia Asher


*****5 STARS*****



5 Megawatt Stars 

Before I go into my review I'm going to give you a pre-warning. If you don't like cheating, angst or taboo subject matters, not even a hint then walk away now! I know even though some of us like a good bit of angst in books but I also know that it's not for everyone. 

As for my review itself, I don't want to go into the nature or plot of the story because this is one of those books you really need to just pick up and give it a chance. I was reeled in hook, line and sinker by the third or fourth chapter to the point where I didn't want to put the book down. This book was everything to me in the end because I need some sort of emotional drama in my books that bring out my feelings whether it be anger, sadness, hatred or heart aching feels and this had all of those feelings evoked from me. 

The characters were developed well although it took a few chapters to see Val grow a bit of a backbone but she soon learned that she needed to champion herself as number one instead of being stomped on. William is initially portrayed as really sweet but that vision of him soon gets left behind. Sebastien is the one my heart was aching for and I just wanted to reach into the book and hide him away for myself. 

It is very rare that I devour a book in a matter of hours all in one sitting like I did with this as I usually get easily distracted and take at least a couple of days, that in itself tells me how much I loved this book because dinner went on the table extremely late and my husband and children got told to leave me alone for a few hours. The writing in my opinion is flawless and flows effortlessly leaving the path clear for a smooth and easy read. 

I feel like nothing I say can give this book the justice it deserves and it really does deserve the love back that the author has put into writing it. I really hope that people give Love Me In The Dark a chance despite their thoughts on subject matter because nothing is always as it seems. Well done Mia Asher this was my first time reading a book by yourself and I thoroughly enjoyed it. 




Reviewed by Claire Lamb 




Two strangers in Paris ...
One passionate, earth-shattering kiss. 

He was the artist upstairs 
with the tantalizing smile and laughing eyes.

He was the devil inviting me to sin, 
seducing me to dance in the bright moonlight.

He was desire and need.

When he touched me, my body sang. 
My soul came alive.

But I belonged to another man, 
and he didn't want to let me go.














No comments:

Post a Comment