Thursday 11 May 2017

Review: Distraction by Emily Snow


*****5 STARS*****



Woah! I'm always banging on about chemistry between fictional couples, but let me tell you Mateo Bailon and Jamilla 'Jamie' Armstrong's chemistry was off the charts. 

The book takes place at a point towards the end of the book Friction, when both Lucy and Jamie pay a trip to Mateo. It is here we see just how hot for one another they really are. 

Now despite that these two characters have the serious hots for one another, Jamie does put up some resistance which makes for some great sexual tension. 

Let me just point out that I am partial to a sex scene or two, I won't deny it, but thats not to say every book I read has to have sex scenes. Ive been quite partial to a PG book over the years however, given the choice, I would choose to read a sex scene written by Emily Snow any day of the week. Boy can that lady write some hot stuff. 

This book wasn't just about the sex though. There were times that it really got to me. I felt Mateo and Jamies heartache over their pasts and the story itself was so incredibly thought out and put together, just like the first book. 

My only negative, if you can even call it that, was that I was so engrossed in the book I was taken by surprised when I read the final words and simply put, I just didn't want it to end.






Reviewed by Louise Dale 






At the ripe old age of twenty-eight, Jamie Armstrong is sick of douchebags like the PA who told her she has an “ass made for screwing” on the first date. She wants commitment, and she’s got a list that she’s anxious to check off.

Love. 

Marriage. 

Baby (preferably twins, because two’s company).

Then she meets Mateo Bailon.

An attorney with a penchant for chains and kink, Mateo isn’t looking for commitment and he sure as hell doesn’t want marriage. Not again. He wants a distraction—a new way to forget his past—and Jamie’s his favorite kind of drug. 

He just never counted on getting addicted.
















No comments:

Post a Comment