Wednesday 31 May 2017

Review: Found Underneath (Finding Me #2) by K.L. Kreig



****4 STARS****




I really don't know how to start this review at all. On one hand I loved it and on the other I initially felt the author lost her way a little bit. I'm not going to rehash the story because I think it would just spoil the way for anyone who hasn't read book one. The story obviously continues on from where Shaw was hit with a huge twisted bombshell in book one, which was brilliantly written and paved the plot for book 2. I loved book one it was just everything and more. However for the first 60% of this book I found the build up to be just too slow and some of it went back and forth in a inconsequential way. This was the only negative thing I found wrong but after stewing on it it made sense but not everyone will feel the same as I do.

With all that been said what made this book for me on the positive side was the emotion and compelling feelings that were put in to writing this book. When I first got to the words that said The End I didn't know what to think on a couple of situations but then I read the authors note at the end (make sure you read it so a couple of things make sense.) it made me think more and more about how I portrayed Willow and Shaws characters and it made me think harder on their emotions and circumstances surrounding them and the only intelligible words I could come up with were passionate and sincere. In the end after sleeping on it, I finally realised why the build up was needed and I managed to get my head together enough to try and put my review in to words which I'm not very good at as you can see.

Just FYI, the plot itself touches on a couple of subjects that will hit some readers in an emotional way if they or anyone they know has experienced them. This is where I found myself sympathising and feeling the characters in a whole new light because it's so sympathetically written. K.L. Kreig is an author that will be an automatic one click for me because I know it will have feeling and compassion that will bring out emotions in me and tear down the bricks surrounding my stone cold heart!

Now Ms Kreig can we get a story for Sierra and Noah??? 




Reviewed by Claire Lamb 




It began as a ruse.

Take a girlfriend. Divert the press from the fucked up mess that’s my family until my father is re-elected. Stage a public breakup. Move on. 

Only that brilliant plan went straight south the moment I set eyes on Willow Blackwell.

I found her. 

My center. My future. A soulmate with the will of a mule and the mouth of a harpy.

I now want things I never wanted before. Permanent kinds of things. 

Only Fate—and her ex—have other plans for us. 

In some sort of cosmic impossibility, our lives unknowingly intersected years before when tragedy befell both our families. Once the devastating truth is finally revealed, the future I’d found in her will come crashing down around us and for the first time in my life I’m completely helpless.

I may very well lose the only woman I've ever loved to a past neither of us saw coming.

*warning: 18+ only. Contains foul language, explicit sex and a hot alpha (or two, or three). NOTE: This is NOT a standalone. It’s the conclusion to LOST IN BETWEEN, which MUST be read first.











No comments:

Post a Comment