Wednesday 31 May 2017

Review: Caveman by Jo Raven


*****4.5 STARS*****




Matthew is in over his head and he's taking it out on the world. Head lost the love of his life, he's in a new place, starting a new job and he has two small children to raise with zero idea how to go about it. Given all of the above he's rude, abrasive and seemingly devoid of basic civility. The only thing that seems certain is the fact he needs help in the form of a Nanny.

Octavia wants nothing to do with Matthew. He seems more caveman than man, but a good job is a good job and she's desperate. Her initial thoughts are proven right as he acts rude, uncivilized and unwelcoming. Also sexy, he's definitely sexy. Of course, resisting his sexy should be easy when it's wrapped in such an unsavory package, right?

Caveman was quite the surprise for me. Going in I expected an abrasive man turned more palatable thanks to the right woman and lots of sexy time. There was definitely a lot of sexy time, but Raven gave us so much more than a simple brutish changes thanks to a charming new woman. There was suspense I was not expecting and several interesting plot twists. I took a little while to warm up to Matt and Tay at first, but once they started working their magic on me I was completely invested in their story. This was a nicely written more than meets the eye romance.



Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 





Matthew Hansen is the kind of handsome that has grown women whispering behind their hands and giggling like schoolgirls.
Dark, tall and mysterious, he’s a newcomer to our little town. He’s a gritty, grease-covered mechanic, and a single daddy.
Sweet, right?
Plus he’s looking for a nanny – and I am desperately looking for a job.
Sounds like the perfect deal.
Only he’s a jerk. An uncivilized, hulking brute. Zero manners. Zero interest in making me feel welcome in his home. Downright rude.
But oh so sexy.
And I need the job. I can do this.
One thing is for sure: I can’t fall for the Caveman. No matter how sexy he is. How mysterious. How tortured.
That’s the only rule – and one I’m about to break.











No comments:

Post a Comment