Monday 22 May 2017

Review: The List by Chantal Fernando


****4 STARS****




I have read all of this author’s work and was excited to see her bring us something a little different from the recent MC based stories and to see that this is based on someone’s true story peaked my interest even more. So, I have to say I’m a little on the fence as there are aspects of the story that didn’t work for me as I never really felt the connection between the couple but I loved the angst of the story and that Eli was a bit of a jerk that stayed true to his character. 

Taye I’m not sure of, as there were some characteristics of her that I found annoying at the start of the story. She is an independent woman who seems to know what she wants in life so much so that she even has a list of things she wants in the bedroom, one being a one night stand. So, following a chance meeting with Eli leads to ticking off that one on the list, only for things to become more than a one night stand. 

I felt sorry for Taye though when her feelings for Eli seemed totally unrequited and I felt her confusion at what he wanted from her when he didn’t want a relationship and felt he kept her dangling on. However, I have to say Eli stayed true to his word and I like that there was no sudden about turn with him. 

An enjoyable read that will appeal to those that want a guy that is a douche and enjoy an angst filled read with an ending that I wasn’t expecting but understood.




Reviewed by Vikki Ryan 








On a random night out with her girlfriends, Taye experiences something she hasn’t before.

Instant attraction.

Between vodkas and dance moves she probably shouldn’t be doing in public, never mind on a podium, she meets him.

She’s never had a one night stand before, and to have one is on her list of things to experience in her life.

Not only that, but the chemistry is off the charts.

Decision made.

She’s going home with this man, and she’s not going to regret it when she leaves him in the morning. 

Or at least that’s what she thinks.














No comments:

Post a Comment