Wednesday 31 May 2017

Review: Disgraced by Natasha Knight


*****5 STARS*****




I am not a massive mafia romance fan, but at this point, I'm pretty confident in my belief that Natasha Knight is one of my favorite authors in the dark Mafia genre. With Disgraced she gives us another erotic romance involving the mafia that has an almost priest (priests being one of my very favorite forbidden story elements) who I am ridiculously in love with. This can technically be read as a standalone, but I suggest reading Dishonorable first so you get the full impact of Lina and Damon's back story.

Damon is everything I love in a hero. When he first comes to Alina's rescue one fateful night, he's on track to becoming an ordained priest in a few short months. She captivates and tempts him immediately, but she is young and he knows he must resist. When their paths cross again four years later Damon is still not an ordained priest and he is shocked to find Lina in New York when she should be in Chicago studying mush .

Lina has connections to the Russian Mafia and the last four years have not been easy for her. She has some dark secrets about the things she has done that she is ashamed of and doesn't want anyone she loves to find about about them. Damon wants nothing more than to slay her demons, but it isn't easy for Lina to let him in or come to terms with what she ultimately must do to protect her future and those she holds dear.

The journey Damon and Lina are on is one riddled with temptation, forbidden desires, secrets and plenty of action and emotional angst. I loved every second of it! Damon is the perfect mix of forbidden, caring alpha. He knows Lina is hiding things and is determined to get the bottom of her problems and help see her through them. She doesn't want him mixed up in her dark world, but he won't be put off. Also, can I gush over the spanking scenes?! Knight rights really steamy emotionally wrought sex scenes in general, but the spanking scenes just put this over the top. Disgraced is definitely my new favorite Natasha Knight book, thanks in no small part to the swoon worthy Damon. I also loved the spunk, courage and gritty determination of Lina. She and Damon were definitely a well matched couple.




Reviewed by Rosemary Feil 






Disgrace: the condition of one fallen from grace.

She is my forbidden fruit. The one temptation I cannot resist.

The first night…
I rescued her from an attack in the seedy underground of New York City.

The second night…
She told me the first of many lies.

She thinks she can keep me out of her world, but she’s in over her head. Watching her, being near her, it gives breath to something dark inside me. Something primal and forbidden. Forbidden to me.

Because in six months, I’ll be an ordained priest.

And she complicates things.

She thinks she’ll become my disgrace. Truth is, my fall had begun the moment I’d laid eyes on her.










No comments:

Post a Comment