Monday 12 October 2015

Review: Vivid by Jessica Wilde

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Just let me say a few things before we get into the good parts.
This is a full length, stand alone.
Some of you may need tissues.
You will not want to put this book down. Make sure you don't have anywhere to be for 20 hours.
Merrick is mine. Back off!!
I hope my review does this book justice.
In this book we have Grace. She's just been through a traumatic experience. I'm glad it's one that as a mommy, I've never personally have to deal with. She's broken. She also is probably at one of the lowest points in her life.
Usually with characters like that, I roll my eyes and say, "get over it!!"
Nope. Not this time.
She was just written so well. She did her suffering on the inside. She was so strong and put others first on the outside. No pity parties here.
Then we have Merrick *sigh* If at any time ever the title 'Beautifully Broken' was ever for a specific person, it's Merrick.
He is a soldier, I could say was, but everyone knows that once you sign up, it's for life. You have your family and you have your brothers. He was injured badly during his last tour of duty, he came out alive, but he was also so dead inside. He just couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel figuratively, and also literally. He just has so much emotion going on. Some good, and other times your heart will break for him.
Through a convenience that isn't a cheesy, roll your eyes type, Grace ends up Merrick's nurse. And things just take off. You have the sparks, the plot, the emotion. I couldn't put this book down once I started. They have such a beautiful story to tell and you just have to listen.
To anyone who's ever liked to read books that are so realistic, and deal with every day emotions... You MUST have this book.
I don't want to give anything away, because I want you to read and experience it for yourself. The editing is almost flawless, and the story flows from page one. This is my first book by Ms. Wilde and I can't wait to try more.
I'm going to make this review personal for a minute. My husband was in the Marines for 6 years and over in Iraq, and my son is going to the National Guard. For me reading this, I'm also saying and praying, please don't let me as a mother go through what these characters had to endure.
And to anyone who is, prayers and God Bless You all!!
 
Reviewed by Amy Kormanik-Jones
 
Synopsis
 
Merrick Thatcher went through a hell that no one could possibly imagine. He fought to protect his country, his family, and the men standing at his side, but it wasn't just being a soldier overseas that changed him. He watched his friends die in front of him, felt indescribable pain, and lost his sight in the very same moment.

Badly injured, blind, and angry, he's done with war, but now he’s fighting his own battle. So, he’s waiting for it to end, spending his days and nights in a thick darkness no light can penetrate. Until Grace walks into his life and his broken eyes open to a woman that changes everything for him.

A story about two flawed souls finding love amidst the grief. A love that shines vividly, even in the dark, and discovering that sometimes being broken is how the light gets in.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! <3 OMG I honestly can't get enough of your amazing review! I am so grateful to you for taking a chance on me and Vivid and so extremely happy that you love Merrick & Grace as much as I do <3 This means the absolute world to me and I can't thank you enough :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome <3
      Thank you for giving us the opportunity to review this amazing book <3

      Delete