Thursday 29 October 2015

Review: The Fall Up by Aly Martinez

*****4.5 Stars*****
 
 
This is one of those books where I went in with absolutely no expectations and came out the other side thinking WOW!
Levee is a huge pop star who has it all, but behind the scenes life has just taken its toll, to the point where she considers taking her own life. Luckily for her she meets Sam on a bridge in San Francisco, who I have to say is my ideal book boyfriend.
I loved the authors writing style. The characters personalities, especially Sam's, really shone through. The change in points of view were clearly defined leaving no room for confusion as to who's thoughts we were reading. I also felt that it was refreshing to have the female of a book be the musically talented one, instead of the hot rocker type books that frequent mine and so many others Kindle.
I cannot do this review without mentioning Sam a little more, because he was so sexily adorable, if that's even a phrase, but it seems the best way to describe him because he is simply the perfect blend of hotness and caring in the way he is with Levee. And despite not actually being a multi platinum recording artist myself, I really could imagine myself in Levee's designer shoes.
The sex scenes were way hotter than I expected (probably all thanks to a little piercing, which I have to say is virtually a recipe for a great book in my eyes), but what made this book for me was the couple's emotional chemistry and witty banter. It was literally love at first sight for them both.
This was my first book by Aly Martinez and I have to say I shall be definitely looking out for her books in the future.
 
Reviewed by Louise Dale
 
 
I wanted to jump.
He made me fall.

As a celebrity, I lived in the public eye, but somewhere along the way, I’d lost myself in the spotlight.

Until he found me.

Sam Rivers was a gorgeous, tattooed stranger who saved my life with nothing more than a simple conversation.

But we were both standing on that bridge for a reason the night we met. The secrets of our pasts brought us together—and then tore us apart.

Could we find a reason to hold on as life constantly pulled us down?

Or maybe there’s only one direction to go when two people fall in love at rock bottom—up.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment