Wednesday 21 October 2015

Review: Shadows (Shadows, #1) by Amber Lacie

****4 Stars****
 
 
Shadows is Amber Lacie's debut novel and I was instantly intrigued by the blurb. Who wouldn't want a book filled with a hot billionaire, love lost and secrets? I really liked this book! I am a girl who always has her head in a book so I could definitely relate to the heroine in this book.
I can't believe I am going to say this, but I was not expecting the sex in this book to be so intense for the situation the heroine/hero were in. I couldn't really feel or understand Theron and Eve's intense and instant connection throughout the book. I felt like Eve was in her head for a big portion of the book and I would have really liked to maybe get a dual POV and learn more about what was going on in Theron's mindset and what fueled his actions.
After Eve experiences the most devastating loss right in front of her eyes, Theron rushes into her life in a whirlwind. They have an instant connection and when he is around Eve is able to actually breathe. He helps her get past this horrible event when no one else can help. But he has a secret that could destroy their whole fragile and tentative relationship.
I was really surprised that this was the author's debut novel and since this book ends in a slight cliffhanger, I will definitely be looking forward to the next book in the series and more from Eve and Theron.
 
Reviewed by Ashley Ziegler
 
 
Eve was content getting lost in her books, while living with her best friends. She’s a beautiful girl surrounded by her friends and family. In her twenty six years of life, nothing exciting has ever happened to her. Everything is going perfectly for her. Little does she know, one summer at the beach could change her life forever. . .

Theron is the son of a cutthroat multi-billionaire business tycoon. He thought he left behind the world his father created, but things change. Now, he’s devoted himself to his eccentric grandma. His only hope at overcoming his past, is finding the one person he lost so very long ago. . .

When Eve bumps into Theron, their worlds collide. Nothing can prepare them for the instant fireworks and roller coaster ride waiting for them.
But. . . One has a secret. Can their love overcome tragedy, lies, and secrets?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment