Tuesday 13 October 2015

Review: Slaying the Dragon (Deception Duet #2) by T.K. Leigh ~ NEW RELEASE

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Firstly, it is essential that you read Chasing the Dragon first to appreciate this book. Slaying the Dragon is a great conclusion to the Deception Duet series, the author brings us a brilliantly crafted suspense filled espionage style read that pulls on every emotion with an angst filled yet hot love story at it's core. I have to say that for me the author has outdone herself with this series, I have been a fan from the off of her writing style and ability to build on the angst and to and fro type of story and this series is all that and much more.
I was heartbroken at the end of the last book for Mackenzie and I was more than angry at the Burnham men for their treatment of her and I was really looking for some redemption in this book. So I was sad to find Mackenzie still left reeling from the fall out of her brief fling with Tyler and though he did redeem himself somewhat with his regret, the anger I felt all came flooding back for her as things progressed initially and Mackenzie once again put her shutters up. Though I loved the way that the angst between the two built up and that Mackenzie was strong enough to face up to the reality of their situation and wasn't an instant pushover in forgiving Tyler.
I loved the way the story played out and I think it was brilliantly executed, we are kept on the edge of our seats as the secrets are slowly uncovered and we're kept guessing until the end as to who was responsible. In the midst of the chaos of the truth and lies surrounding Mackenzie's father, she and Tyler are struggling to try and move past the broken trust of how they came to be but as they are pulled into the path of danger they are forced to face up to their feelings. I just loved Tyler and Mackenzie's story and yes he did manage to redeem himself fully, eventually.
A brilliant series and I really cannot wait to see what comes next from T.K. Leigh.
 
Reviewed by Vikki Ryan
 
 
I should have resisted him, but I couldn’t. My addiction to him was all-consuming, the high from his touch unlike any other.
Without him, I couldn’t focus, couldn’t think, couldn’t breathe.
With him, I hated myself for being too weak to fight the devil himself.
And Tyler Burnham was the devil.
He used me.
He lied to me.
But he loved me. And he still does.

Unable to stop thinking about the man who deceived her, Mackenzie Delano struggles to move on and forget that Tyler Burnham ever walked into her life. But she still aches for him, despite his betrayal. Her mind is at war with her heart, a war that could be the difference between living and dying.

Tyler Burnham is lost without Mackenzie. As he contemplates the meaning of everything, he tries to find a way to prove that his feelings for her are true. That he would walk through fire to keep her at his side. That he would sacrifice it all…his career, his fortune, his life…to protect her.

The truth is, he may just have to…

Slaying The Dragon is the suspense-filled conclusion to T.K. Leigh’s Deception Duet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment