Tuesday 20 October 2015

Review: Rip by Rachel Van Dyken

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
I don't even know where to start! This book was was a bit of a mind f*uck to say the least. It keeps you guessing right to the end and you need to be prepared to be blindsided by the multiple twist and turns. I like a story that keeps me guessing, a plot that had me trying to figure out the mysteries unfolding, I enjoy trying to guess where the story is going and I particularly love it when I'm totally wrong, I enjoy being surprised. This is definitely one of those books where you'll change your mind a million times of where you think the story is going. It gives you information in dribs and drabs, you start as clueless as Maya as to what is going on and you learn a long with her, which I think is a very clever way of story-telling, it keeps you totally glued in to the story, and I was really invested in these charcters.
Nikolai is a really interesting character! My opinion of him changed along the way almost as many times as my guess changed as to where the story was going. He's a very complex man with multiple sides to his character and he's holding many secrets that will shock the pants off you.
I thought this book was very cleverly written and it was clear that a lot of research had gone into it. Nikolai is a highly skilled doctor with the ability to make people forget, to bury their memories in their own minds, and I was so impressed with how this was written. Kudos to Rachel Van Dyken, I was totally absorbed, and also a little creeped out!
Since this is a spin-off to the Eagle Elite series, (it's totally stand-alone and you don't need to have read the Eagle Elite series to read this) which I have not read, this has totally made me want to read it! Those Italians have me intrigued!
Another five star read from a brilliant author who has shown she can write bloody everything exceptionally well. Can't wait for her next offering to the literary world!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
Pretty things aren't meant to be broken.
But I broke her, and now we both have to pay the price.
I'm her nightmare.
I'm her savior.
And now that I have her signature on an ironclad contract, I own her body and soul.
She doesn't remember me.
She will.
It's inevitable.
Because as much as I know I need to stay away, for fear of unlocking the memories I helped her father bury--I can't.
She was the apple in the Garden, dangled in front of me, her core so tempting and sweet. A voice whispered. Just. One. Bite.
I bit.
I tasted.
I fell.
Welcome to the world of the Russian mafia, where death, is your only future.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment