Tuesday 13 October 2015

Review: Hard to Break (Alpha's Heart #2) by Bella Jewel ~ New Release

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
This is the story of Quinn, a rather sassy and mouthy tomboy who lives in a man's world working as a mechanic. She works in her dad's garage and has been pretty much running it since her dad went off the rails when her mum passed away. Between working her ass off to keep the garage afloat and caring for her alcoholic father, Quinn doesn't have much of a social life. Her only friends are her co-workers and she does not have a romantic life to speak of.
Enter Tazen, a well-known and rather famous custom car builder who wants to open up a new garage in Florida, and he has his sights set on her garage.
I must admit, I was not overly keen on Tazen at first, a first for me since I usually swoon rather hard the minute a Bella Jewel alpha walks onto the pages. Tazen is very cocky and arrogant, and like Quinn initially I did not like him at all. He won me over though, how could he not with his bossy and protective ways? It was inevitable that he'd win me round.
These characters were totally new, or at least I can't recall meeting them in any of Bella's other books. And while I really enjoy when her characters cross over in to other series' I enjoyed the freshness of meeting a whole new set of characters.
Bella Jewel has always been a must-read author for me, one I will automatically one-click and she's a go-to author for me if I'm heading into a book funk. Before starting this book I could feel myself spiralling into a book funk, my concentration was shot and my attention span was lacking. I worried that, even though Bella Jewel's books have never failed to capture my interest in the past, I was concerned that this being an ARC and a sort of obligation, that I'd struggle with this oncoming funk. But hell to the no, right from the get go I was sucked in and couldn't put it down. If it's possible Bella Jewel's writing just went up in my estimation. I found the readers holy grail, the author who is guaranteed to drag you out of a book funk!
 
Reviewed by Steph Lewis
 
 
Quinn has spent her whole life working in her dad's garage, leaving her more comfortable with a carburetor than a curling iron. Her world is turned upside down when her beloved garage is bought by none other than world famous, sexy as sin, custom car builder, Tazen Watts. He's the one man she can't stand...even though he makes her hotter than a high performance engine in top gear.
Tazen has no use for Quinn, at least not professionally, and he's making sure she knows it. But there's a spark between them that she's finding hard to ignore. She's determined to prove her talent is as impressive as her sassy mouth. When she finds out Tazen is hiding a secret that could bring down his career and everyone involved in it, she wonders: is falling for him is going to be work the risk?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment