Thursday 23 July 2015

Review: Sins of my Father (Black Brothers #1) by Lisa Cardiff

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Revenge vs love... Which is stronger? Which will persevere? How can love ever win when revenge has consumed you for as long as you can remember?
Archer Black has hated the man who fathered him, his entire life, although "fathered" is not really the right term. He was more of a sperm donor who then rejected his offspring.
Archer has clawed his way up from the trailer park he grew up in and despite having an all but absent mother, he's successful, wealthy and respected. But it is revenge alone that drives him and always has.
Langley feels trapped in the role of "perfect daughter" despite the Senator not actually being her father. Paraded out when it's convenient for his political career, she's tired of trying to please everyone and, in her mother's eyes, never succeeding.
Langley has a chance encounter with the devastatingly handsome Archer at a political fund raiser, or was it all planned?
This is a great story, with great characters! It's a quick, easy read, thoroughly enjoyable and there's tension and passion in spades.
I'm quite taken with Knox too and I'm hoping his story will be next, seeing as this is book 1 in the Black Brothers series.
 
Blurb
 
An eye for an eye…

My name is Archer Black, and I have a confession.

For as long as I can remember, my life has revolved around getting revenge against Senator Thomas Wharton.

It was supposed to be easy. Uncover his secrets. End his political career. Ruin his Presidential campaign. Use his stepdaughter, Langley Mayer, to do it. She’s also my stepsister, but she doesn’t know that. Nobody does.

But nothing is as easy as it seems. When my high-stakes plan for revenge takes a deadly turn, I’m the only person standing between Langley and the people who want her dead. Time is running out, and I need to decide what I need more: love or revenge.
  
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment