Thursday 16 July 2015

Review: Sacrifice by Adriana Locke

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Oh WOW this book is both heart-breaking and beautiful, a brilliantly written book that the author has obviously done her research for. It is a real ugly cry read that requires the tissues to hand and time set aside to read as you will not want to put this down.
Julia is a lovely character that is strong and independent even though life keeps throwing its worst at her. Julia is a widow struggling to manage to bring up her daughter, Everleigh, in tough circumstances, when her life takes another hit. She blames her brother-in-law for her husband's death but he is the only real family she and Everleigh have and when she needs help Crew steps up no matter how much Julia protests. Poor Julia I just wanted to hug her and for life to give her a break, right up to the end of the book my heart was hurting for her.
Crew Gentry is definitely one for the favourite book hero list, I love him. He is a great character, rough round the edges, broken by life and trying to put right the biggest mistakes of his life, all of which have affected Julia the most. When Julia is once again hit by devastating news Crew realises he is the only hope they have of being able to have a chance of coming through. Even if it does cost him his life, Crew is a fighter in more than one sense and he is set for the fight of his life on more than one stage and to pay the ultimate sacrifice if he has to.
Everleigh, this little girl broke me to tears more than once, even now writing this review I am in tears. A brilliantly written character that will leave a mark on your heart as you watch her fight right alongside Crew.
This book keeps you on the edge of your seat right to the end and then some, and ugh the tears will flow freely. I cant tell you the amount of times I had to put this book down to have a cry because I couldn't see for the blur and around 50% I just sat and sobbed so much I had to take a break from reading. Even writing this review has had me in tears a few times. This is a brilliantly played out storyline and the last page along with the double epilogues are just killers.
 
Blurb
 
My life changed forever the night my husband died.
I was left with a shattered heart, a heap of bills, and our daughter, EVERLEIGH. I don’t want to rely on anyone, least of all CREW GENTRY. He’s my first love and the man who almost destroyed me, the man who has let me down every time I’ve needed him.
But when tragedy strikes a second time, Crew just might be my only hope.

My life changed forever the night my brother died.
I was left with a guilty conscience, a pile of mistakes, and little else. I take care of JULIA GENTRY, my brother’s widow and the love of my life, and their daughter. I know she doesn’t want my help, but she gets it anyway. I owe her that.

When another disaster hits, I’m given the opportunity to make things right. I’m taking it. I'm willing to sacrifice it all.
  
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment