Thursday 16 July 2015

Review: Little Doll (Bittersweet Duet #1) by Melissa Jane

****4 Stars****
 
 
I'm relatively new to the genre of dark reads and I think this one definitely falls into that category. This was quite an intense read, there are parts that are very dark indeed and I will warn you you may find some parts difficult to read. However it's not the darkest book out there, and if you are a fan of that genre then this is one you definitely need to read.
Laila is looking for her younger brother who has been missing for a few weeks, unfortunately for her whilst asking around about him she captures the attention of the wrong people. Laila is kidnapped by a cartel family who trade not just drugs but women too!
I found this book to be a real page-turner, I couldn't wait to find out how things worked out for Laila. And once I reached the end I discovered a cliff-hanger! I need answers and I need that 'wtf' moment at the end explained!! I definitely recommend this to fans of dark reads and for anyone considering venturing into that genre, this would be a good book to start with.
 
Blurb
 
Laila had already overcome many heartbreaking obstacles in her twenty-five years… but none compared to this. With her brother missing and no other family to speak of, Laila has no idea of the evil that shadows her every move. Now in the hands of a notorious cartel family, she quickly learns that trust and betrayal are a deadly mix.

Aiden had a plan. One that was operating smoothly until Laila surfaced in his father’s mansion. With time against him, he must work night and day to right the wrongs that threaten to expose his ultimate betrayal.

Juan and Aiden share many differences, but the one thing that threatens to tear their family apart is the one thing they want to claim as their own, no matter what the costs.
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment