Tuesday 14 July 2015

Review: Flawed Love (House of Obsidian #2) by Bella Jewel

*****5 Stars*****
 
 
Aawwwwww!!!! Love, love, LOVE this story!!!
I was so looking forward to Rainer's story, I felt so sorry for him in Desolation, he missed out on the girl and after everything he'd been through with Pippa they had such a strong connection, I couldn't stand seeing Rainer dealing with such heartbreak.
Rainer might not have been able to open himself up to someone new but Mali knew Rainer from before, before he even met Pippa, they were childhood best friends and later young lovers.
Surprisingly, in this book I experienced negative feelings towards Pippa, which really did shock me as she was one of my favourite heroines of the Joker's Wrath series. I just felt there were a few moments of selfishness where she didn't seem to care how her reactions would make Mali feel, she came across almost as a spoilt brat on a few occasions.
I loved Emalie, I really felt sorry for what she went through during this book. To lose and then find the love of your life only to find out he doesn't even remember you? Just tragic.
Bella Jewel just keeps getting better and better, I love this woman's work!!
 
Blurb
 
Rainer Torrence is everything I could have wanted in my life and more.

He became my best friend when I was Thirteen years old.

From then on, we were inseparable. He was my first love and my first heartbreak.

But I always thought it was forever.

Until his Father died and things went bad.

Then suddenly, he disappeared.

Ten years and I didn’t see or hear from him.

Then came the call I’d be praying for– he was back in town.

Only the man I remembered is not him.

This man is quiet, deadly, and so incredibly beautiful.

He also doesn’t remember me.

He looks into my eyes, and he sees nothing.

Nothing.

So, I let him believe I’m just a girl that walked into his bar.

I let him believe I’m just a friend.

I let him use me on the cold, dark nights.

I let him believe that I am as emotionless about our relationship as he is.

I just let the secret go on and on.

But all secrets have an end, don’t they?
  
 
Buy Links:
 
Connect with the Author:


No comments:

Post a Comment