Wednesday 1 March 2017

Review: Flow (The Grip Prequel #0.5) by Kennedy Ryan

*****5 Stars***** 




This novella is the prequel to the main book, Grip. It tells the story of how Marlon 'Grip' James and Bristol Gray first meet and it was clear from the start that these two had bucket loads of chemistry and you just can't go wrong when you feel two peoples attraction to one another, the way I did with Grip and Bristol.

This book may have been short and my first by Kennedy Ryan, but it certainly packed a punch. I loved how it touched on the subject of race, musical differences and generally just made me think that people can be so different, having come from different backgrounds, yet ultimately be so compatible.

I don't know what it was about Bristol and her attempts to reach out to her family, but it really got to me, she really got to me. I felt,with such intensity, her desperate need to be loved. I loved her naivety coupled with a certain level of maturity which made for such deep conversations with Grip.

Grip, was hands down, absolutely perfect from the very first moment he appeared. I felt such a warmth from him and I definitely got a sense as to why Bristol was so enamoured with him.

I have to say this for me, was one of the best novellas I have read for a long time and I my overwhelming relief of having the main book ready and waiting, because I just have to know the conclusion to Grip & Bristol's story.

Reviewed by Louise Dale 




In 8 years, Marlon James will be one of the brightest rising stars in the music industry.
Bristol Gray will be his tough, no-nonsense manager.
But when they first meet, she's a college student finding her way in the world, and he's an artist determined to make his way in it.
From completely different worlds, all the things that should separate them only draw them closer.
It's a beautiful beginning, but where will the story end?
FLOW is the prequel chronicling the week of magical days and nights that will haunt Grip & Bristol for years to come.
GRIP is the full-length conclusion of their story







No comments:

Post a Comment