Friday 24 March 2017

Review: A Special Obsession by A.M. Hargrove

****4 Stars****



A Special Obsession by A.M. Hargrove is a sweet, charming, humorous, instant love story between two strangers who had a very interesting special first encounter with one another. This was different from any other book I've read so far by this author and I'm not so sure that's a good thing yet. I'm not much into the whole insta love genre which this one seemed to be (maybe not insta-love, but definitely insta-obsession) and I didn't really feel a connection between Special and Weston until more than half way through the book.

Special O'Malley is not your typical girl next door heroine; she is feisty and independent and doesn't take BS from anyone so when she first meets Weston she doesn't immediately fall for his charm, like any other sane girl would. She meets Weston when he stumbles into her bar one night and proceeds to pass out in one of her booths. Her first impressions of him are of an arrogant, spoiled, cocky rich boy which isn't the best. It takes Weston several tried to finally break through her tough exterior and get her to finally agree to go on a date with him. What starts off as a bit of flirtatious friendship turns into the tattooed spitfire that Special is falling for the rich boy born with the silver spoon. These two couldn't be more different from one another and from different backgrounds but I think that makes them perfect for one another. Weston may come from money but he doesn't really fit in with those kinds of people. I hated Weston's family and how cold hearted they were. They had absolutely no love for their son and were self centered and I just wanted to strangle the lot of them every time they popped up in the book.

A Special Obsession is definitely your feel good family romance that proves to you that family doesn't always mean blood. It's sweet, sassy, angsty, and sexy in every way possible. Weston and Special show you that once you find that special kind of once in a lifetime love, never let it go. Now are you ready to fall for Special and Weston like I did?



Reviewed by Ashley Zeigler



Rule Number One: Never let anyone get too close…

Weston Wyndham has more money on his tattooed wrist than I’ll ever have in my bank account.

Drunk, he was gorgeous, wicked, sexy… an inked god.
Sober, he is the most arrogant man ever.

If he thinks I’m going to let him order me around like one of his servants, he’s wrong. If he wants me to date him after all this, he’s out of his mind. I don’t care how rich he is, or that he drives a Ferrari and a fancy truck. Those walls I put up are there for a reason … and they were built to last.

But he’s relentless, and hot, and it turns out he likes his girls a little fiery. Giving in doesn’t have to mean disaster—unless I break my number one rule.

Special O’Malley is a handful. With a name like that, she ought to be. Sassy as hell, bossing me around, but damn if I don’t deserve it.

I’m used to getting my way, dealing with difficult people, only she’s not buying any of it. Usually my money attracts women. Not Special. She doesn’t give a damn about it … or me.

There’s more than one stubborn player in this game. I have a few tricks up my sleeve and I’m not planning on giving up any time soon … at least not until I’m between her thighs, making her moan. And those concrete walls she has … I have news for her. Concrete crumbles if you strike at the right place.















No comments:

Post a Comment