Friday 24 March 2017

Review: The Storm by R.J. Prescott

*****5 Stars*****




When I found out there would be a third book for this series and all about Kieran I jumped up and down with excitement and nearly let out a little wee. I loved The Hurricane, I didn't quite enjoy The Aftermath as much but still loved it, but this book was just everything that it could be and more. The Driscoll gym boys will keep you on your toes and leave you breathless for more.

I'm not going to rehash the story because I believe you could go into this blind and still love it. I loved loved loved Kieran and Irish (aka Marie). The banter between them had me in stitches more than once but they also had a few tear jerking moments between them that made me put down the book for a breather. I know this can be read as a standalone but I urge you to read Con and Ems story first in The Hurricane and The Aftermath as I feel you would get a better feel for the characters that revolve round Driscoll's gym.

Now I am so looking forward to Tommy's story, but RJ please, please, please I beg you to write Danny's story, old he may be but I think he lost something precious in his time and his regrets have been what made him plough everything he could into Driscoll's and love them boys fiercely as if they were his own.



Reviewed by Claire Lamb 





Marie Kelly is a survivor who doesn’t know when to quit. Against all odds, she’s living a life she never dreamed she could have. It was enough… until a stubborn boxer makes her want more.

Irish charmer Kieran Doherty has been a fighter at Driscoll’s Gym for most of his life. He’s been content to let his best friend take the spotlight, now it’s his turn to make a name for himself in the world of heavy weight champions. Falling in love is the one thing he vowed never to do, but meeting Marie changed everything.

It’s easy to imagine a happy-ever-after when the sun is shining. But when the storm comes, and all hope seems lost, they both learn that if you want something badly enough, you have to be willing to fight for it.

The Storm is a full length boxing romance with a happily ever after, no cliffhanger and no cheating. Mature content means that it is intended for readers aged 18+











No comments:

Post a Comment