Wednesday 29 March 2017

Review: Ghostface Killer by M. Never


*****5 Stars*****




There seems to be a trend at the moment for strong female characters and the books I've recently had the chance to review have almost all had this thread to them. 
I'm easily irritated by a simpering, whiney woman so it's been refreshing to encounter women who are strong but need an even stronger man and this book fitted the bill.

Stevie is just such a character and with her mind trained and set on one thing, we're taken on an extraordinary journey. 
This book is dark, gritty and it'll get your heart pumping. It's the kind of book where the less you know, the better and I'm sure you'll find it as compulsive and nail-biting as I did.

The sub-characters are great. Some you'll love and some you'll simply loathe but they all add to the somber atmosphere that drags you down into the murky depths that this author has created.

If you're new to M.Never's work, proceed with caution and guard your heart but it's worth it!




Reviewed by Vivienne Kauffer





Once, I was nothing. 
Hungry, abandoned, wandering, and alone. An adolescent street rat fighting for crumbs. 
Then a chance encounter changed my entire world. 
A man in an expensive suit asked me how much my life was worth. 
I didn't have an answer, because I didn't know. 
He asked if I thought it was worth killing for.
Impulsively, I said yes... 

He found me, then fostered me, and in the interim turned me into a killing machine. A modern day La Femme Nikita. 

Now, I only have one mission. To avenge the death of the man who saved me. 

There's an invisible war on the streets. Us against them. Family against family. Power against power. 

They call me Ghostface Killer because they never see me coming.

I understand the weight of that danger. 
The hazard. 
The jeopardy. 

Because now here I stand, three months pregnant with the barrel of a gun pressed to my head cause I never saw him coming...












No comments:

Post a Comment